Congress of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
Innovations in Aesthetic Medicine
November 15-17, 2013
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15
- 15:00-17:00 Registration
- 17:00-19:00 Exhibits Open
- 17.00-19:00 Welcome Reception
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16
Master of Ceremonies: Manon Pilon
Welcoming introduction: Dr. Melvin Elson, AAAM President
|8.15 - 10.30
||Innovations in Aesthetic Medicine
Chairman: Dr. Melvin Elson
- Cellulite: combined treatments for optimizing the results
- Can Mesotherapy help in Aesthetic Medicine?
- Which are the real indications of PRP for our patients?
- Fat graft and stem cells for facial rejuvenation – Where are we today?
- Minimally invasive procedures – Where is our limit?
- What’s new in hair loss management?
|10:00 - 18:00
|10:15 - 11:00
||Management of complications in Aesthetic Medicine
- Complications from botulinum toxin and fillers
- Complications from lasers and IPL
- Complications from chemical peelings
- Complications from hair transplant surgery
|13:30 - 15:30
||How to select the right devices for an Aesthetic Medicine practice
- What will be your selection criteria for making the right decision?
- My favorite devices to help my patients with acne?
- Do we have any device that helps for scar management?
- Shall we use the heat or the cold for localized adiposities?
- Which devices can be used by our staff?
- The future of home devices
|15:30 - 16:00
|16:00 - 18:00
||Anti Aging and Aesthetic Medicine: two complementary specialties
- Menopause or andropause: which is the worst?
- When to start to consider an Anti-Aging treatment
- Which patient is eligible for a combined Anti-Aging and Aesthetic Medicine treatment?
- Which diet to select for our overweight patients?
- What is the role of dietary supplements to slow down the aging process?
- What can we expect from a medical spa for fighting aging?
|18:00 - 18:30
|SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17
|8:00 - 12:30
|8:15 - 10:15
||Latest developments in botulinum toxin and fillers
- How to make a right selection of a neurotoxin?
- Which filler shall you prefer?
- Can fillers and botulinum toxin replace some facial surgery?
- Combined treatment for face volumizing
- Cannula or needle injection – how to make the right decision?
- Neck rejuvenation
|10:15 - 10:45
|10:45 - 11:30
- Combining fillers and photorejuvenation
- Fat grafting for the loss of substance
- Nail surgery for everyone
|11:30 - 12:00
- The best way to launch a new practice in Aesthetic Medicine
- Medical tourism, the latest trouble maker